Operational Risk Manager
Van Lanschot Kempen is the oldest independent financial institute in the Netherlands. We have been working for nearly four centuries with great dedication and financial expertise on the progress of our customers. Our strength lies in the special and strong relationship that our established names Van Lanschot and Kempen have with private and institutional clients. Private Banking, Asset Management and Merchant Banking are the areas in which we excel and in which we distinguish ourselves with personal attention, knowledge and experience. Sustainable entrepreneurship plays an important role in this. We are an honest wealth manager with respect for the world around us and with an eye for future generations. We strive to create value for our stakeholders; not only in financial but also in social, ecological and social sense.
The Non-financial Risk (NFRM) team is part of Group Risk Management. NFRM is a second line function and we are responsible for facilitating the first line with gaining insight into their operational risks and level of control thereby enabling them to make risk-based decisions. We do this by providing the first line with the tools needed to identify, assess and monitor their risk and controls, facilitate them in the use of those tools and challenge them on the outcomes and proposed decisions. Furthermore we consolidate information for the senior management of VLK to provide a view on the current state of the operational risk profile of the organization. By engaging in these activities NFRM support VLK in achieving its strategic goals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic new team member to further strengthen our team. The function provides the opportunity to
- Get an understanding of the various parts of Van Lanschot Kempen
- Gain experience in influencing stakeholders at (senior) management level
- Develop analytical, reporting and influencing skills
- Develop as an operational risk manager
- Work with seasoned professionals with various skill sets
Amongst others you will be responsible for
- Facilitating risk assessments
- Designing and creating risk reports
- Coordination of the incident management process
- Maintaining and improving the operational risk management system (BWise)
- Activities related to the insurance portfolio
- Coordinating team meetings and operational risk related events
- Setting up and executing awareness campaigns
Who are we looking for?
Skills and experiences
- An academic level (Masters)
- 2 to 4 years work experience preferably in the financial sector
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Good verbal and writing skills both in Dutch and English
- Precise and structured worker
- Capable in connecting people
What do we offer?
The culture of Van Lanschot Kempen offers plenty of scope for initiative and entrepreneurship. We are a relatively small and informal organization, but with the necessary complexity. As a result, you can immediately make a lot of impact within your field and contribute to the future of the bank. We offer you all the space to further develop and grow in your job and within the organization. In addition, we offer an excellent package of primary and secondary employment conditions. The personal company culture, the space for your personal development and the dynamic work environment make Van Lanschot Kempen unique in its kind.
Moreover, we offer an excellent package of primary and secondary employment conditions in which personal and professional training opportunities are central. You can think of the possibility to flexibly divide the function, training and development possibilities and a dynamic working environment at the Zuid-As in Amsterdam. We want to strengthen our organization through more inclusion and diversity in the workplace. Do you meet the requirements and do you bring diversity? Then we explicitly invite you to apply.
For further details, please contact Emily Lageveen through email@example.com.