Senior Legal Counsel
The VLK Legal department supports the Private Banking (including Evi van Lanschot), Asset Management, and Merchant Banking business lines, and group activities. A total of fifteen lawyers work in this department. They visibly contribute to the further development of Van Lanschot Kempen thanks to their proactive working methods and close involvement with the business.
We are looking for a colleague to provide legal support in the area of merchant banking, in particular the Corporate Finance and Equity Capital Markets teams. Your duties will include:
- Advising on international capital market transactions/share placements (for example IPOs, rights issues and accelerated bookbuilds), where Kempen acts as global coordinator and/or joint book runner, and negotiating transaction documentation (underwriting agreements, agreements among managers, legal opinions, etc.)
- Drawing up and negotiating mandate letters and confidentiality agreements.
- Advising on all kinds of issues in the field of market abuse, securities law (including prospectus regulations), investment services, corporate law and contract law.
- Providing day-to-day legal support to colleagues from Corporate Finance, Equity Capital Markets and Securities.
- Identifying and anticipating relevant developments concerning legislation and regulations on capital market transactions, and supporting implementation (e.g. prospectus regulation).
Who are we looking for?
- You have at least 6 years relevant work experience as a lawyer or counsel at a financial institution, and substantial experience with legal advice in the field of equity capital markets in an international context.
- You have in-depth knowledge of financial supervision law and contract law.
- You are practical, solution-orientated and commercially-orientated, and you can translate legal content into pragmatic solutions.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
Van Lanschot Kempen is a specialist independent wealth manager that focuses on maintaining and building assets for its clients. Our strength lies in the special, strong relationship that our established names Van Lanschot and Kempen have with institutional and private clients. We excel in private banking, asset management and merchant banking, and we distinguish ourselves in these areas with our personal attention, knowledge and experience. Van Lanschot Kempen is a listed company.
Kempen Corporate Finance and Equity Capital Markets focus specifically on a number of international core sectors (life sciences, real estate, services & industrials, and fintech). We know the investors and the companies in these sectors, and we are aware of all the latest developments. We use these insights to fulfil and exceed the requirements of our customers in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, IPOs, and share issuances. Clients prefer us because of our independent advice and result-orientated approach.
What do we offer?
As soon as you start working with us, we will challenge you to make a real difference. Obviously, you can expect an attractive job package with excellent conditions, a good salary and a professional working environment, centred around personal and professional training opportunities. We also offer you a collective pension scheme, travel allowance, or annual public transport pass.
Are you interested in this position? Please apply through our website. If you have additional questions, please contact Tanja Schraders: 06 11169152, email@example.com.